Cefixime is a cephalosporin antibiotic prescribed to treat infections caused by bacteria such as pneumonia; bronchitis; gonorrhea; and ear, lung, throat, and urinary tract infections.
For use in the treatment of the following infections when caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms:
(1) Uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis.
(2) Otitis media caused by Haemophilus influenzae (beta-lactamase positive and negative strains), Moraxella catarrhalis (most of which are beta-lactamase positive), and S. pyogenes.
(3) Pharyngitis and Tonsillitis caused by S. pyogenes.
(4) Acute bronchitis and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae (beta-lactamase positive and negative strains).
(5) Uuncomplicated gonorrhea (cervical/urethral) caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae (penicillinase- and non-penicillinase-producing strains).
Box contains ten strips of ten tablets.